Saturday, August 8, 2009

Saddle Bag Lake Trail, Just outside Yosemite NP

Saddlebag Lake hike has to be one of the most spectacular hikes I have been on in a long time! This hike sits on the east side of Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite National Park. They don't allow dogs on the trail in Yosemite so this was a better option for Chester and Miss Jilli. My friend Anita whom used to volunteer with the program I worked for Mammoth joined me for an awesome adventure. The hike ended up being about 8.5 miles round trip. We hiked around Saddlebag (above) lake and into the upper mountain basin to many other small lakes.
An upper lake where we had lunch. Anita attempted to catch us some dinner, but I think Chester scared all the fish away with his swimming. Below are scenes from the hike.


Chester waits for his stick to be thrown into the lake for a swim.
Miss Jilli and Chester (background) at an upper lake.

No comments: